Saturday, December 11, 2010

Russian Icons

RUSSIAN ICON

Our Lady of Vladimir


Soft touch – gentle head

bows – touches baby’s face.

Mother’s eyes – deeply mysterious –

looking into eternity.

Baby looking up – holding on to mom –

mother’s head – covered with black shawl –

dropping down – golden background –

light from heaven – shot through with divinity!


I am touched – feel quiet beauty

wrapping around me –

washing me in mystery –

touches of the divine –

the Beloved!

Mother’s eyes reach me –

include me in her meditation.

She wants me to stay quiet –

not run away.

Mother loves me too – taking me

by the hand  - leads me to her son.

I feel delirious – ecstasy in my eyes.

Mystery overwhelms me – radiance

of Russian icon tells me –

“You are loved!” – “do not worry!”

Mystery of the mother is beyond

me – but her eyes watch me –

holding me – taking me by the hand –

until my journey ends.


Robert Trabold
e-mail: rt8265@earthlink.net






No comments:

Post a Comment